Tirador ka din ba ng unli rice sa Mang Inasal?
Piping hot unli rice smeared with toyo mansi with chicken oil. Rapsa!
Naka-kamay ka din ba?
Mas dama ang lasa ng manok.
Iba ang gana kumain. Napaparami ka ng kanin.
Naguunahan din ba kayo ng mga kaibigan mo sa unli rice?
Pero hinay-hinay lang.
Ayaw ni Sen. Villar sa masyadong dupang sa kanin, tapos hindi uubusin.
Nagkakaubusan na nga ng NFA rice, magsasayang ka pa?
Where Did Mang Inasal start?
Establishing its first branch in a 3-year-old unoccupied space in Robinsons Mall Carpark, Iloilo on December 12, 2003, Mang Inasal quickly became a hit for the Ilonggos.
Of course, it would not be done without the efforts of its owner, Mr. Edgar Sia II. After conducting a research on what could be the common “taste” of the 16 regions in the Philippines, Sia figured out that “barbecue” (or simply, Inasal in Ilonggo) is the mass appeal—a feat that has been capturing the hearts and empty stomachs of the Filipino people.
Before enterprising his business to Luzon, specifically in Manila, Mang Inasal opened its second outlet in Roxas City, Sia’s hometown. With this, his business bloomed in the provinces to 26 branches; a proof that his Inasal has really caught the Filipino tastebuds.
In 2006, he finally opened his outlet in Manila, a venture that he referred to as the “make-or-break” city. It was during this year when the city was in the middle of rice shortage (and as we all know, rice is a primary food for the Filipinos). This was where he opened the “Unli Rice” promo, which was only supposed to run for two months. Seeing that it has attracted more customers, the promo became permanent and is now being simulated by other fast food chains.
Famous for its native-style and “nuot-sarap” Chicken Inasal with its pioneering “unlimited rice”, Mang Inasal quickly won the hearts of its customers with its distinctively Pinoy stamp-grilling and special marinade made out of local secret spices.
The primary reason for Mang Inasal’s success is its wide array of Filipino comfort food, especially Chicken Inasal – with its distinct taste that Pinoys have grown and continue to love.
Today, Mang Inasal is the leading Pinoy branded outlet in the country, with its strong portfolio of Chicken Inasal, Pork BBQ, Halo Halo, and Palabok. Variations in the menu are constantly being developed to meet the discriminating demands of its growing customer base.
Mang Inasal has steadily grown ever since its acquisition, making it one of the fastest growing quick service restaurants in the country. To date, Mang Inasal has over 450 stores nationwide and counting.
1) Did you know that Mang Inasal means “Mr. Barbecue?”
2) Mang Inasal is not only known for its delicious food, but with its affordable, permanent, rice-all-you-can promo, equipped with quick service.
3) Edgar Sia II is actually an architecture drop-out, but he was still able to establish a successful fast-food chain! How cool is that?
4) Also, Edgar Sia II gained 3Billion after selling Mang Inasal to Jollibee, a feat that proves how much of a successful businessman he is, and how high he has propelled Mang Inasal to success.
5) Mang Inasal’s success follows this formula: good business concept + quality of food + exceptional marketing strategy + affordable pricing and even expansion + the X Factor (blessing of God), which should be dealt with the right asal (behavior).